As the Sales and Business Development professional, your role is to find and close deals for residential and commercial generator installation packages and maintenance. Your commission will be based on margin targets that we have set based on historical sales records. This will ensure we keep the pipeline full for generator installation crews, maintenance, and service crews. This person is expected to be highly motivated and to be able to develop new business from multiple sources including internal leads and individual research. A successful candidate should be self-driven, creative, focused, positive, and team orientated.
This candidate will also be provided opportunities in additional incentives to promote and sell other aspects of Osprey services that could include Gem-Stone Lighting, Solar Install Referrals, service packages and easy upgrades for homes. This will provide the sales professional a broad spectrum of products and services to offer our customers as well as opportunity for increased commission.
- Develop sales strategies and assess results of marketing campaigns
- Write content for marketing material
- Create business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Build quotes, using our pre-established estimating guidelines, for maintenance and installation of generators
- Travel to customers homes and perform site visits for quote development
- Manage active prospective clients
- Follow up on existing leads
- Follow up calls with past customers
- Hit monthly and annual sales margin targets
- Coordinate with administrators and installation crews as needed for project hand off’s
- Attend generator sales training events, and any other appropriate manufacture sponsored events, as needed to maintain specific product knowledge
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Sales or marketing experience
- Computer aptitude. Basic computer skills – Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organized and methodical.
- Basic Construction Knowledge
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Electrical background
- Estimating background
Why Work For Osprey:
- An established company with a great reputation that will assist in closing sales.
- Strong office and technical support for the position.
- Manufacture support and pricing advantages.
- Historical sales already on record. Your not starting from scratch.
- Soft skills training and professional development
- High staff retention rate. People love working for Osprey because of our unique company culture.
- Dynamic Progressive Company with an established track record of success (2021 Vancouver Island Contractor of the year, 2022 VICA Employer of the Year)
- Flexible schedule
- 1 Day in office per week minimum for project hand offs and cross communication.
- 3 Month full start up guaranteed salary of 75K per year with no commission.
- Base and Commission Package: After 3 months, base salary with an aggressive sales commission. Option to jump out of 3 month start up salary and move straight to base/commission at your discretion.