Osprey Electric is hiring a Journeyperson to join our Solar Team!
We are a well established and growing electrical company looking for an experienced Journeyperson
to join the solar division in the Central Vancouver Island area. We are looking for candidates who are customer service driven and solution based thinkers. Candidates with the right attitude will be given opportunities to expand their career. You don't have solar experience? No problem, we can help teach you those skills.
We offer competitive wages negoitated based on experience, extended health, matching RRSP's, a health and wellness package and a great company culture.
If you are a certified Journeyperson looking for a change with a company who can offer longterm employment and a great company culture then apply to the link below.
Please apply online: https://ospreyelectric.formstack.com/forms/job_application_form
Are wanting to work with the most diverse electrical contractors on Vancouver Island? Our work ranges from the far north in Old Crow to Bella Bella and from Port Hardy to right here in Courtney.
Do you enjoy managing electrical projects and developing people to reach their full potential?
Do you enjoy creative problem solving?
Are you wanting to be part of dynamic leadership team?
Do you work well under pressure?
Osprey Electric has a new career opportunity for an established position of Project Manager, in our Campbell River office. We have a retiring project manager who is looking to sail into the sunset in the near future. In this position you will be assigned to a specific division in Osprey Electric and the work will be provided from our sales and estimating teams. One of our project or service coordinators will provide you with administrative assistance and will report directly to the North Island Construction Manager.
A typical day will consist of responding to customer requests for changes to pricing, checking on crews to make sure everything is running smoothly and ensuring material is coordinated for different job sites. This dynamic job role might have you spending the morning in the office and onsite in the afternoon. You might be meeting with potential customers for a coffee or visiting one of our remote jobsites and reviewing the install needs with the crew. You will be constantly balancing a wide-ranging workflow inside and out of the office.
Success will be measured based on the customer responses of your division, staff engagement, quality of workmanship on projects, and gross margin targets for your projects and division. You are responsible for electrical design and providing pricing options to our customers. We are customer focused company – they drive the ship.
This position will need a self-motivated person, driven to deliver an exceptional customer experience while motivating leadership for our field crews.
The project manager will take on existing projects within this division which consist of a broad range of residential, commercial and industrial work for the North Island. The successful candidate will help us further develop our residential custom home market share in the North Island complementing a similar strategy we have already successfully executed in the Central Island.
Responsibilities will include:
• Financial oversight of your division
• Estimating and design assist on a wide array of electrical construction projects.
• Scheduling crews
• Change Management – including pricing, negotiating and design.
• Strategic Planning and Leadership for your division– evaluation of competing priorities to provide best way forward.
• Ordering and pricing material.
• Developing and empowering your site Foremen/Forewomen.
• Strong electrical construction knowledge
• Strong communication and interpersonal Skills
• Decisive effective leadership
• Effective negotiation and confliction management skills
• Financial and construction math competency.
• Red Seal Electrical Certification
• FSR B or A
• Competence Excel and Outlook
• Competence with PDF program software - Bluebeam
• Experience with electrical estimating software– Accubid Suite of Software
• Extended health plan after 3 months
• 5% RRSP matching after one year
• Cell and vehicle allowance
• Competitive salary based on experience starting at 75K and up.
• Optional monthly soft skills training and additional professional development as needed.
• Laptop and any other needed tools
• Private office in our Campbell River branch
• Self-driven flexible schedule – Option to partially work from home and/or office. We do not manage your time - you do.
• Working with a company that celebrates work life balance.
• Clear tangible (challenging!) goals for success.
• Diverse leadership team committed to mentorship and continuous improvement.
• Opportunities for future career growth.
• Work for one the most in demand electrical contractors on Vancouver Island. Well established brand and customer base.
Osprey Electric was established 11 years ago in 2012. We are locally owned and have grown to be one of the largest electrical contractors on Vancouver Island. We pride ourselves with having a great company culture which results in an exceptionally high staff retention rate and we have the awards to prove it. We have won Contractor of the Year award in 2021 for Vancouver Island, Employer of the Year for Vancouver Island 2022, and Employer of
the year for 2023 in Oceanside Area. We operate through our core values and any successful candidate will need to embrace our ethos as a company for long term success.
Please submit your resume to the link below.
Generator Sales Job Description
As the Sales and Business Development professional, your role is to find and close deals for residential and commercial generator installation packages and maintenance. Your commission will be based on margin targets that we have set based on historical sales records. This will ensure we keep the pipeline full for generator installation crews, maintenance, and service crews. This person is expected to be highly motivated and to be able to develop new business from multiple sources including internal leads and individual research. A successful candidate should be self-driven, creative, focused, positive, and team orientated.
This candidate will also be provided opportunities in additional incentives to promote and sell other aspects of Osprey services that could include Gem-Stone Lighting, Solar Install Referrals, service packages and easy upgrades for homes. This will provide the sales professional a broad spectrum of products and services to offer our customers as well as opportunity for increased commission.
- Develop sales strategies and assess results of marketing campaigns
- Write content for marketing material
- Create business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Build quotes, using our pre-established estimating guidelines, for maintenance and installation of generators
- Travel to customers homes and perform site visits for quote development
- Manage active prospective clients
- Follow up on existing leads
- Follow up calls with past customers
- Hit monthly and annual sales margin targets
- Coordinate with administrators and installation crews as needed for project hand off’s
- Attend generator sales training events, and any other appropriate manufacture sponsored events, as needed to maintain specific product knowledge
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Sales or marketing experience
- Computer aptitude. Basic computer skills – Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organized and methodical.
- Basic Construction Knowledge
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Electrical background
- Estimating background
Why Work For Osprey:
- An established company with a great reputation that will assist in closing sales.
- Strong office and technical support for the position.
- Manufacture support and pricing advantages.
- Historical sales already on record. Your not starting from scratch.
- Soft skills training and professional development
- High staff retention rate. People love working for Osprey because of our unique company culture.
- Dynamic Progressive Company with an established track record of success (2021 Vancouver Island Contractor of the year, 2022 VICA Employer of the Year)
- Flexible schedule
- 1 Day in office per week minimum for project hand offs and cross communication.
- 3 Month full start up guaranteed salary of 75K per year with no commission.
- Base and Commission Package: After 3 months, base salary with an aggressive sales commission. Option to jump out of 3 month start up salary and move straight to base/commission at your discretion.
- Vehicle Allowance
- Laptop and Cell Phone
- Private Office Space if required.
- Construction manager